Sunday, February 2, 2014

Home Improvement

Poor Chris has fixed our leaky faucet about a zillion times in the last 2 years.  We finally said enough is enough and decided to upgrade!  We have been looking for awhile but finally found this little gem at Lowe's.  We went this weekend and got it and a few other odds and ends we needed for the house.  It's funny how life changes after owning your own home and having a baby.  Our fun weekend night now is going to Lowe's and then stopping by for a frozen yogurt on our way home.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I have learned that I freakishly love the domestic side...cleaning, cooking, and laundry can get monotonous at times, but for the most part I really enjoy it and take pride in our home. 


I have also been stressing over a chalkboard for the kitchen.  I have started menu planning on the weekends which has made my life during the week SO SO SO much easier.  It's time consuming but totally worth it.  Every weekend I gather my coupons, decide what to eat for the next week, and make my lists.  This has also been helpful because we are both doing weight watchers and it makes figuring out what to eat much simpler.  So, after hunting for a bit, my friend picked this chalkboard up for me at Hobby Lobby.  I was torn on if I wanted to buy one or make my own but in the long run this was so much easier.  And now I can move it around the house if I get tired of it being in one place.  I think I will really love being able to glance at the board and know what I need to do to get ready for dinner the next day.  I am sticking with my resolutions this year!!  Organizing, menu planning, and eating better!  Bring on 2014 :)

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment