Monday, February 18, 2013

What!? A Baby!

I spent some time trying to decide if I was going to journal, scrapbook, or blog about this journey into motherhood.  After some deliberation, I've decided that blogging is the way to go for me!  I wanted to create a space to talk about this little joy that will me making his or her way into our lives in early August!  So, even though I'm a little behind, here it goes!

 I'm 16 weeks pregnant.  My husband and I are so excited, but it of course still seems surreal!  Hopefully the reality will set in this weekend when we go to Baby Belly Spa in Lexington for our first ultrasound since 6 weeks!  A LOT has changed since then and we are so anxious to get a glimpse of our little baby!  We are hoping to find out if we are expecting a little guy or gal as well!  In the meantime, I will catch you up on all the BIG moments of this pregnancy so far!

We found out we were expecting on December 4th.  This was a total shock!!  Even though we were "trying" we weren't having any luck and I was actually scheduled to begin Clomid (a fertility med.)  Frustration had set in, at least for me- so when we found out we had already conceived, it was the best surprise ever!  We couldn't wait long to share the news with family and friends.  Here are some of the highlights in the first couple of months!  



Every year Chris and I pick out an ornament for our Christmas tree. 
Of course this one had to celebrate our new arrival! 
Our very first ultrasound, done at 6 weeks!
 From two that are near and dear :)
A cute text from a friend.
My sweet Christmas gift from hubby!
And I just feel like I am going to need this!
Our announcement to friends on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment