Friday, July 12, 2013

Maternity Pics & 36 Weeks!

After scheduling our maternity pictures 3 different times we finally got them done!  Hooray!  This summer has been crazy with the rain so it's been difficult for an outdoor maternity shoot.  Kirsten with Captivated by Him did our pictures out of Mayslick, Kentucky.  If you are ever in her area she is so talented and wonderful to work with!  I highly recommend her!  We've only seen two of our pictures so far but I am thrilled with them and CANNOT wait to see the rest!!

36 Weeks

36 Weeks

So here we are, almost to full term!  I have to say I'm getting a lot more anxious for this little guy to come out.  The nursery is ready and his bag is packed.  Car seat is installed.  We officially have every baby item I think we will need for the first few weeks.  I've made a list of what I want to take to the hospital for Chris and I.  This weekend I plan on doing all the make ahead freezer meals...more on that later!  I'm stocking up this weekend on basic household items (toilet paper, paper towels, paper plates, laundry detergent...basically anything that will make our lives easier those first few weeks at home.)  We are touring daycare's next week.  All in all, once he's fully cooked we are ready for him!!! 

For the most part I still feel good, but sleeping has become a nightmare.  I do okay for about 4 hours and beyond that my back feels like it's going to break.  The last two nights I've ended up in the recliner in the living room because that is one of the few area's I feel really comfy.  Hopefully it subsides a little, I hate to ditch my hubby and our bed for the recliner for the next 3 weeks!  Baby is doing great though.  At our appointment yesterday, he measured 37 centimeters which she said is perfect for 36 weeks and 4 days.  My blood pressure is still great but I have started swelling in my ankles and legs.  Hopefully that is partly to blame for my 4# weight gain in one week!  Boo on that :(  I'm making it my mission this next week to drink a ton of water (a TON more than I ALREADY DO!) and to eat even better.  I'm hoping by doing that and avoiding salt I can get some of this fluid off.  So that's about it!  It's been a busy week with visiting family, having our pictures done, and going to my good friend's baby shower last night.  Chris works all weekend but I'm still looking forward to the weekend.  I'll feel better to get these freezer meals out of the way, do a little cleaning, and hopefully a lot of relaxing in the pool.  Fingers are crossed for a nice weekend!     

No comments:

Post a Comment