Thursday, February 13, 2014

My tiniest Valentine

This Valentine's Day has taken on a special meaning in my heart.  I truly wanted to make it special for my little man.  The love I have for him overwhelms me at times :)  And it really doesn't get any better than that.  This year I'm not focusing on flowers or cards, but instead the joy he brings us every day and how lucky we are to watch him grow and turn into this amazing little person.  Of course he had to have a couple outfits for the occasion!



  I also bought him this sweet little book:

  

I decided I wanted to do something special for the girls at daycare that take such wonderful care of him!  In light of this cheerful holiday, Valentines Cupcakes were in order!  And because I've been watching my calories- I wanted to stick with it and make a "light" cupcake!  I adapted a couple of recipes and they turned out great!  Chris and I had to sample them last night of course before we shared them :)  He approved too!


These were super easy and delicious!!

I used: 
1 box of funfetti cake mix, mixed with 1 can of Sprite 0
Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes
Let that cool and mix up your icing 
Icing is 1 large container of fat free cool whip (I get generic brand)
2 small boxes of sugar free/ fat free jello instant pudding
I was planning on using cheesecake flavor, but I accidentally bought 1 cheesecake and 1 white chocolate.  Ha ha, oh well!  It was a good combination!
That's it!  Top with festive sprinkles and you're finished. 
Easy peasy.

Happy Valentine's Day.
xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment