Saturday, March 15, 2014

40th Birthday Cake for my Sis

The last couple of weekends have been loaded with birthday fun.  Chris's birthday was on the 13th and my sister's 40th birthday is on St. Patrick's Day!  How fun is that!?  So for her, I wanted to include the festivities of the holiday and make something light, since we are all watching what we eat.  I used my favorite and easiest way of making a cake, and mixed 2 boxes of white cake mix with 2 cans of Sprite 0.  Doesn't get any easier that.  To add a bit of fun to the cake, I split the batter into 6 different parts, colored each separate part, and layered it up like the rainbow.  Food coloring makes me so happy!  Here are the pictures.  I am however, ashamed to say I didn't take any pictures of the cake after we cut into it.  But I do promise it worked just like I wanted it too and was beautiful!  The icing was equally light, I used a 16 ounce container of Light Cool Whip and 2 boxes of fat free, sugar free cheesecake instant pudding.  YUM.







No comments:

Post a Comment