Sunday, March 2, 2014

The most epic of cakes

For Chris's birthday, I wanted to make him something special!  He really out did himself for me on Valentine's Day...so I felt I "owed" him big time!  I've had this cake pinned on my Pinterest for a couple of years now, all I needed was a really good excuse to make it.  With the help of my good friend Aileen, we spent about 5 hours Friday night putting this bad boy together.  And while I was intimidated about making every single thing from scratch, I knew that with this cake it was either go big or go home.  I didn't want to bother with shortcuts or using home pre- made layers.  We did it all exactly as the recipe said...and amazingly, it turned out perfect!!  Here is the original recipe.  It was incredible and had everyone drooling!  My pictures don't do it justice and I don't think the name does either.  S'mores Cake just doesn't cut it.  There are 2 brownie layers, 2 cheesecake layers, 2 chocolate chip cookie layers, a graham cracker layer, multiple marshmallow fluff layers, and of course the chocolate frosting.  IT.  IS.  SINFUL.   








 

No comments:

Post a Comment