Sunday, June 16, 2013

32 Weeks!

32 weeks!
 Shew!  This Mama is worn out!  This week was a short but busy week at work!  I had to prepare to be off for a few days so it was hectic.  We had our baby shower in Chris's hometown, Rochester, NY this weekend!  We had such a great trip, my mom and one of my best friends, Aileen went with us!  We had a great time visiting family while we were there and even made some time for relaxing which was nice after the 10 hour trip!  We left KY Friday morning and got there late Friday afternoon.  Saturday was our niece Jazmin's Quinceanera which was awesome!  I had never been to one before so it was a new and fun experience!  Here are some pictures:

Beautiful Jazmin!


Me, Aileen, and my Mom


Then on Sunday was our baby shower!  My mother and father in law hosted and of course they did not disappoint!!  It was a lovely afternoon, we visited with friends and family, had a delicious lunch and then opened presents!  So many of our gifts were handmade which makes them extra special.  I can't even imagine how many hours were put into all the blankets, outfits, hats, and booties we got.  He is going to be so warm and cuddly!  Here are some of my favorites from the shower:


My Tractor Diaper Cake!

My mom and I

Awesome cake by Aunt Debbie!

Beautiful corsage from my Mother in Law

My Mother in Law, Tina and I :)



   So...all in all it was a great trip to Rochester!  We came back on Tuesday and then had our 32 week check up on Wednesday.  We learned that our boy is still growing big and strong, ha ha!  This week he was measuring 36 weeks!  Eeek!  Blood pressure still is great, no swelling and up 2 more pounds for a total of 5 so far.  The doctor was very supportive and assured us that it's no reason to worry that he will be the huge baby I am picturing.  They are having us come back next week at 33 weeks for a more specific ultrasound called a growth scan.  I have to say I'm pretty excited to see him again!  This scan will help them get a better idea of his size and estimate his weight.  So...now the countdown until then!  In the meantime I am staying VERY busy washing clothes, blankets, and putting away all of his things.  The nursery is coming together!  We have one more shower and then we will be all set!  Our days of just being "us" are limited...soon we will be a family!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment