Saturday, June 22, 2013

33 Weeks!

33 Weeks!  Hooray!
 We are moving right on!  Here we are already at 33 weeks!  Things are still going great.  The nursery is practically finished with the exception of a couple small finishing touches.  My goal is to have it totally complete by the end of the month.  With the help of our baby showers we got so much stuff for Baby Elie.  He is going to be one well dressed little boy!  I spent one day washing all of his clothing, blankets, and towels.  I'm sure I will quickly get sick of the laundry increase but I had so much fun sorting through it all and folding his tiny little clothes.  I hope he fits into all of them!  We had a growth scan ultrasound this week to take a closer look at his size.  According to the measurements they do every other week on my belly in centimeters, I was measuring 4 centimeters ahead of schedule.  The growth scan eased my fears though, they said according to the ultrasound, he is exactly where he should be.  They estimated his weight at 5 pounds, and 9 ounces.  If he continues to grow at his current rate, he should be a little over 8 pounds.  I fully expect him to be that big with my family history of large babies :)  There's not much I can do about it at this point anyway, except to continue to eat healthy and take care of myself.  I have now gained 5 pounds but that's not too shabby for 33 weeks!  My blood pressure is still lower than ever so hopefully that continues.  We have another check up next week and then hopefully will be able to skip a week before the weekly checks begin at 36 weeks.  Eek!  It's almost time!

Baby laundry day!





 With the appointments and everything else going on this week it flew by!  We went to Babies R Us one night and finished up the last big purchases we had to get that we knew we couldn't get in town.  Then the following night went to a Red's game with Noel.  We had a ball but I was oh so tired by Friday! 
Reds won in the 12th inning!



My very greasy treat at the ballpark!


My water babies!
 Summertime has finally arrived!  Sadly Chris had to work the weekend but the girls and I were so happy to finally have a day in the sun to enjoy our new pool :)  Heidi isn't exactly loving it but I'm hoping she will come around!  Cali is all about it.  She seems to enjoy laying on top of me while I'm floating the best, ha ha.  They aren't spoiled at all!

Then even though Chris worked on Sunday, we tried to celebrate Father's Day with him anyway :)  He worked nightshift, but came home to this early Sunday morning!
His new hobby!




He loved it!  We also got him a sweet little mug that says "Fatherhood...giving a whole new meaning to all nighters."  So...glad to wrap up another busy week.  Seems like Baby will be here in no time.  I'm trying to soak up these last few weeks of pregnancy and enjoy the last bit of alone time Chris and I are going to have.  Hard to believe that our life as a "couple" is almost over!  We are so excited to welcome baby boy to our world but I am not going to wish these last few weeks away.    









No comments:

Post a Comment